Owl Outlook

The Student News Site of William Cullen Bryant High School

Owl Outlook

Owl Outlook

Owl Outlook

The Holidays in New York City

Mikayla

Did you know that New York City is one of the best cities to visit during the holidays? Every year, New York always puts out the most beautiful Christmas decorations around the city that captures many people around the world. They also provide events and numerous activities that you could do with your friends and family, even if you don’t celebrate Christmas this will be a very fun way to spend your break.

Rockefeller center has always been the number one tourist attraction during the holidays. Every year at the end of November they put up a huge tree that is usually over 40 feet tall and decorate it with many lights and capture all the attention of people around the world. There are also many decorations around the area that would be perfect for pictures and have a great view. Near the tree, there is an ice skating rink and stores that you can go to.

Mikayla

Bryant Park is one of the most captivating parks in New York during the winter. There are many activities that children and adults can do together. Visit the Winter Village and you’ll be able to ice skate, use bumper cars on ice, and even walk through the mini shops around it. There are open air markets, holiday shops and food. The Lodge bar and food bar is a great place to warm up and buy yourself food and hot chocolate while watching people skate and listening to music. You can also get your own private igloo around the rink to hang out with your friends.      

Make sure you have enough money, because Times Square has a lot of places for you to buy from. There are buildings like the Disney, M&M and Hershey stores that you and your family may enjoy. There are also some clothing stores that you may have an interest in. All those flashing lights from the buildings can attract thousands of people, as they can walk around and enjoy the view. So make sure to also have a camera with you to capture the wonderful place! 

Hudson Yards is another great place for holiday pictures. During this time the Hudson yards mall, The Shops, is filled with lights and many decorations. They also have backgrounds to take pictures there. 

Arianna

There’s many stores and restaurants to stop by, and outside all the trees are decorated with lights. You can also check out the vessel which is right in front of The Shops. Surround that there’s also a lot of street food that you can try out.