Owl Outlook

The Student News Site of William Cullen Bryant High School

Owl Outlook

Owl Outlook

Owl Outlook

Rosie & Tayibah: the Duo Behind Rosie’s Deli

Muzammil Ali
Tayibah, aka Lexi

“Rosie’s came about because Rosie wanted to give back to the community, and she also wanna make sure there is a good environment for the kids to have breakfast, and just a lot of love” – Lexi, aka Tayibah, who helps run the store–you can see her there after school!)

Rosie, photo taken by Muzammil Ali

Rosies, an establishment that first started out as a clothing store, now sells everyday convenient goods like snacks, breakfast, and beverages. Rosies was an establishment made to provide for the community.

Rosies is ran by Tayibah and by her godmother Rosie, who is strong, beautiful and loyal as described by Tayyibah.

Photo taken by Muzammil Ali

Lexi compares their dynamic to Beauty and the Beast.  She said, “She is the beauty, and I am the beast,” which illustrates the good relationship between them, and their positive vibe keeping the community alive.

Rosies is known for its variety, especially for its flexibility for other dietary practices that makes Rosies an even better option. Her flexible supply of goods gives Rosies an advantage to what makes it different from other delis or convenience stores.

The best-selling items of Rosies are the chopped cheese, and the hamburgers. She also has supply of goods for Halal choices for Muslims, kosher choices for Jews, and vegetarian choices for those who don’t eat meat.