Owl Outlook

The Student News Site of William Cullen Bryant High School

Owl Outlook

Owl Outlook

Owl Outlook

Staff Feature: Bryant Bids Farewell to Mr. Bollanos

Adan Soares

Over the winter break, Themistoklis Bollanos transitioned from being a dean, a coach of the junior varsity basketball team and a teacher of constitutional law in William Cullen Bryant High School to Bayside High school, where an exciting opportunity arose. At Bryant, Mr. Bollanos also did extra work like having a College Now where students would go to get credits for college.

According to Mr. Bollanos his favorite thing about being a dean is interacting with and teaching students. He said, “When I came back for the first time, seeing the wood hard floor made me feel like a student again.” Bollanos was asked to be a dean because of his skills with students and staff said that made him look approachable. 

Bollanos has a bittersweet feeling about the whole situation about getting a higher position in his career. 

Bollanos wants to be remembered for trying to help and being a part of a student’s life. He wanted to inspire the students that he taught and give them a good insight on life. 

Although Mr. Bolloanos was hustling with the many positions he held in the workplace, he still has interests outside of school, from the taste of Southern food to his hobby of collecting records–he has a whopping 2,500+ records. 

He will always be remembered for his bravery as a dean, his strict yet supportive behavior as coach and his talent with teaching, creating his own environment for every period.

Mr. Bollanos’s favorite quote, from Wayne Johnson a director and a producer, is, “It’s not about the days in your life, it’s about the life in your days.”